Who we are and what we do
We are a force field of 75 creators and entrepreneurs with expertise in developing innovative solutions for enterprise customers.
We have developed a community management & eCommerce platform with customized client-side, content & products management modules and search service for Maxeda, the leading DIY retail group in Benelux.
Key clint’s business metrics:
- 1.4 billion Euro turnover
- 389 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg
- 7000+ employees
- 1,5 mln customers weekly
- 65000+ products/SKU’s online
For now, 35 engineers from Ukraine, Netherlands and Belgium are working to deliver valuable DIY software products to Maxeda’s end users.
Who we are looking for
The сurrent focus and main tech challenge of the System team is a migration of provisioning function from Ansible to Terraform. Ansible will still be used for configuration management.
We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer that will become a valuable teammate for our Ukrainian/Netherlands team.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills in a mix with good Linux-based infrastructures systems engineering experience.
Our plans regarding infrastructure improvements are:
- Kubernetes implementation
- Implementation of Istio
- Implementation of Google Compute Engine
- Migration to Google Cloud Platform (this goal is strategic one)
- To become a mediator between Kiev-based Dev Team and System Team from Amsterdam
- Design, implement and develop the continuous deployment systems and configuration activities
- Maintain and support product release pipeline for planned product updates and unplanned emergency fixes
- Analyze performance and stability issues in both DEV and PROD environments
- Continuous improvement and quality control of infrastructure and operations
- Implementation of new technologies in the common process and improvement of existing tools, pipelines and approaches
- Drive the automation of product development, evaluation, deployment, and operations
- At least Upper-Intermediate English to collaborate closely with teammates from the Netherlands
- 2+ years of experience in the development of Linux-based infrastructures (AWS)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (ECS)
- Automation and building CI pipelines experience, using Bamboo, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Hands-on experience with scripting on Bash/Python
- Confidence with configuration management tools (Terraform/Ansible/etc.)
- You are openminded and proactive to propose improvements
It will be nice if you have:
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles and tools like New Relic, Zabbix, Nagios
- Hands-on experience with microservices architecture
- Good knowledge and practical experience with Git
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with lots of discussions and brainstorming
- Active experience exchange with international teammates
- Business trips to Amsterdam
- Mentoring/coaching and professional/technical growth, help with a career roadmap development
- Access to stock appreciation rights program after 1 year of cooperation with us
- Teamwork based on trust and Agile principles
- Annual bonus
- Medical insurance
- Fitness & education compensation
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leaves, public holidays)
- Free English classes with a native speaker
How we chillin’
Meet your future team
Would you like more information?