Full-stack Software Engineer
Who we are and what we do
We are a force field of 70 creative minds with expertise in developing innovative solutions for enterprise customers.
Our internal culture, opposite of traditional outsource/outstaffing values, is based on trust, transparency and unlimited personal and professional growth. We invest in these principles not in word, but in deed.
Our client, Maxeda, is the retail group that owns and operates building materials stores across the Benelux.
Key business metrics:
- 1.4 billion Euro turnover
- 389 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg
- 7000+ employees
- 1,5 mln customers weekly
- 65000+ products/SKU’s online
For now, 35 engineers from Ukraine, Netherlands and Belgium are working to deliver valuable DIY software products to Maxeda’s end users.
Who we are looking for
We are growing our Kiev-based team that has cooperated Maxeda for 4 years. The team consists of 11 highly-qualified specialists that had been divided into 2 teams using Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) framework.
You can expect to work on expanding the system’s functionality, continuous delivery to the AWS with the microservices infrastructure. We have developed eCommerce platform based on Hybris 6.6 with customized client side (React/Node.js), search service (Java/Spring Boot App), products (PIM/DAM — Riversand) and content management modules (Ruby on Rails App).
On Full-stack Software Engineer position you will deal with:
- search service
- data migration services
- service for booking workshops
So if you are bored to death working on identical projects and you are looking for a real technological challenge, this job opportunity is for you. Feel free drop us a line on email@example.com and we will tell you more about our architecture, tech stack and answer all of your questions.
- Collaborate closely with internal teammates and external development/system teams (Netherlands/Belgium/Odessa)
- Be responsible for full-stack and the improvement and realization of a microservices architecture
- Design and deliver back-end and front-end business logic around user stories
- Deliver flawless, testable and maintainable code worthy of enterprise delight as well as review code written by others
- Deploy applications on AWS servers using automation services (Bamboo/Ansible)
- Create an architectural design to illustrate high-level solutions to an application and feature requests
- Convert insights into future improvements through various tools and automation as well as offer and implement your own solutions and ideas
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Java programming
- At least 1 year of front-end side development experience (Node.js/ES6/Express.js)
- At least strong Intermediate English proficiency (good communication skills). Ability to clearly express your thoughts in a technical debate
- Knowledge of multi-tiered distributed software architecture: OOP/Design Patterns, J2EE, Web Services/RESTful, JUnit, SQL, XML/XSL
- A strong understanding of the Spring framework
- Experience in state management libraries such as Redux/Mobx
- Experience with modern build tools (Webpack, Babel)
As a plus:
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-level systems
- Strong theoretical knowledge of infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Databases)
- You are mature enough to propose improvements, solve issues and take responsibility for them
- The opportunity to work with an experienced international team building customer-focused technology products (business trips to Amsterdam)
- Teamwork based on trust and Agile principles
- Mentoring/coaching and professional/technical growth
- Annual bonus based on your personal, team and company performance
- Access to WeAreBrain stock appreciation rights program after 1 year of successful cooperation with us
- Partial fitness and education compensation
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leaves, public holidays)
- Free English classes with native speakers
How we chillin’
Meet your future team
Would you like more information?
CTO & Co-founder
p/whatsapp: +380 95 013 0615