Who we are and what we do
We are a force field of 75 creative minds with expertise in developing innovative solutions for enterprise customers.
Our internal culture is based on trust, transparency and unlimited personal and professional growth. We invest in these principles not in word, but in deed.
Our client, Maxeda, is the retail group that owns and operates building materials stores across the Benelux.
Key business metrics:
- 1.4 billion Euro turnover
- 389 stores in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg
- 7000+ employees
- 1,5 mln customers weekly
- 65000+ products/SKU’s online
For now, 35 engineers from Ukraine, Netherlands and Belgium are working to deliver valuable DIY software products to Maxeda’s end users.
Who we are looking for
We are growing our Kiev-based team that has cooperated Maxeda for 4 years. The team consists of 11 highly-qualified specialists that had been divided into 2 teams using Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) framework.
You can expect to work on expanding the system’s functionality, continuous delivery to the AWS with the microservices infrastructure. We have developed an eCommerce platform based on Hybris 6.6 with customized client side, search service (Java/Spring Boot App), products (PIM/DAM — Riversand) and content management modules.
On Java Engineer position you will deal with:
- search engine customization
- data migration services
So if you are bored to death working on identical projects and you are looking for a real technological challenge, this job opportunity is for you. Feel free drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will tell you more about our architecture, tech stack and answer all of your questions.
- Collaborate closely with internal teammates and external development/system teams (Netherlands/Belgium/Odessa)
- Be responsible for backend stack and the improvement and realization of a microservices architecture
- Create an architectural design to illustrate high-level solutions to an application and feature requests
- Design and deliver business logic around user stories worthy of enterprise delight
- Deliver flawless, testable and maintainable code as well as review code written by others
- Deploy applications on AWS servers using automation services (Bamboo/Ansible)
- Attend daily standups, refinement and retrospective sessions to constantly improve and drive processes forward
- Convert insights into future improvements through various tools and automation
- Offer and implement your own solutions and ideas
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Java programming
- Practical experience with Spring framework (Spring Data, Spring Cloud)
- A good understanding of Hibernate
- Knowledge of multi-tiered distributed software architecture: OOP/Design Patterns, Web Services/RESTful, JUnit, SQL, XML/XSL
- Experience working on complex functional software projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
- Strong Intermediate English proficiency with good communication skills. Ability to clearly express your thoughts in a technical debate
- You are mature enough to propose improvements, solve issues and take responsibility for them
As a plus:
- Hands-on experience with Hybris platform
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-level systems
- Practical experience or desire to deal with Spring Cloud Streams
- Strong theoretical knowledge of infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Databases)
- The opportunity to collaborate and share knowledge with an experienced international team that builds customer-focused technology products
- Business trips to Amsterdam
- Teamwork based on trust and Agile principles
- Mentoring/coaching and professional/technical growth
- Annual bonus based on your personal, team and company performance
- Access to WeAreBrain stock appreciation rights program after 1 year of successful cooperation with us
- Partial fitness and education compensation
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leaves, public holidays)
- Free English classes with native speakers
CTO & Co-founder
p/whatsapp: +380 95 013 0615