Ruby on Rails Developer I SidelineSwap
Who we are and what we do
Our client - SidelineSwap, Series A funded US startup. Their product is leading marketplace in the sporting goods industry.
The platform blends commerce with community to deliver a fresh marketplace experience that’s attracted 150.000+ users: high school, college athletes, and sports families since it has been launched in 2015. By now SidelineSwap is growing 150% year to year in revenue, the team has doubled.
Tech stack is a mix of Rails and Java and heavily invested in the full set of AWS services (ELB, EC2, SQS, RDS, SNS, etc). Engineering team heavily invests into the fuzzy search by using ElasticSearch and plans to extend the portfolio of microservices in 2019.
Who we are looking for
If you are solid-skilled Ruby Engineer bored to death working on routine projects and eager to feel real startup spirit and to learn how to scale and maintain high-loaded product this opportunity is just for you.
We are looking for a person, who is ready to commit to tech challenges and to address these challenges:
- How can we leverage data and machine learning to help predict what buyers are looking for?
- How can we improve discovery through better search and personalization?
- Which external systems best support the platform, and how and when do we choose to integrate?
- How should a payment infrastructure evolve as we scale?
- How can we make client’s buyers and sellers lives easier by removing friction from all parts of their experience?
- Collaborate closely with Ruby Tech Lead in Kiev and CTO & group of MIT engineers in Boston and become a valued member of the SidelineSwap team
- Be responsible for a backend stack and the implementation of a microservices architecture
- Design and deliver backend business logic
- Deliver flawless, testable, and maintainable code as well as review code was written by others
- Code refactoring
- Create an architectural design to illustrate high-level solutions to an application and feature requests
- Continuously improve the product by innovating and improving technology and tools stack
- 4+ years experience developing scalable backends with Ruby on Rails
- At least Upper-Intermediate English level with good communication skills. Ability to effectively discuss the product team’s needs and to propose and explain the best solutions
- Experience in building order, payments, and fraud processing systems
- Experience of a building of RESTful services, working with message queues, and batch processing applications
- Experience of interacting with RDBMS and ElasticSearch
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem
- Java/Kotlin experience
- Proven track record of collaborating on a team on large-scale projects
- Good knowledge about modern systems architecture components including networking, microservices, messaging systems, and distributed data processing systems
- You’re skilled *nix user
- You’re a self-motivated pragmatic person, able to prioritize and execute on initiatives autonomously if needed
- The opportunity to work with a passionate and experienced international team building great technology product (including business trips to Boston)
- Teamwork based on trust and Agile principles
- Mentoring/coaching and professional/technical growth
- A truly 8-hour working day (7 working hours + 1-hour lunch break)
- Annual bonus based on your personal, team and company performance
- Access to WeAreBrain stock appreciation rights program after 1 year of successful cooperation with us
- Partial fitness and education compensation
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off (vacation, sick leaves, public holidays)
- Free English classes with native speakers
How we chillin’
Meet your future team
Would you like more information?
CTO & Co-founder
p/whatsapp: +380 95 013 0615